My Album Available Now!

Hope Horner: Vacancy

Friday, June 28, 2013

Soul to Take

Oh Night Sun,
above this dry desolation,
as I lay in isolation,
I won't ask for blessed sleep
but instead, my soul to keep.
Oh rocks,
turn smooth, flat, compliant
from piercing, sharp,warm and violent;
May coyote's long and ragged moan,
be a serenade to my ears alone,
and the needle prick of cactus arm
be not enough to cause alarm,
on my journey of a thousand steps
away from those who starve and fret
toward the crystal sparkling ridge--
that promised land of privelege.
Oh moon, I pray, stay bright and long!
Stars, please be my welcoming throng!
Then greet me, Sun, at morning break;
I pray
new Lord,
my soul to take.


- Copyright Hope A. Horner, 2013. Use with permission only. Contact author on gmail at hopeh1122. Follow on Twitter @HopeNote
Visit www.hopehorner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment